- ABOUT US
- COLLECTIONS A - C
- COLLECTIONS D - M
- COLLECTIONS N - Z
- ONLINE RESOURCES
- LINC 211
- SUPPORT THE LIBRARY
- ASK A QUESTION
- SECOND EDITIONS BOOKSTORE
- COMPUTER CLASSES
- MEETING ROOMS
- PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- SPECIAL NEEDS SERVICES
- TTY SERVICE
- WI-FI ACCESS
- WYPL FM 89.3
- MY ACCOUNT
- HELP / CONTACT
Book Club of The Year Contest
Note: Contest is Closed
Calling all Book Clubs! Calling all Book Clubs!The 2013 Adult Summer Reading Book Club of the Year Contest
New! This year for Adult Summer Reading, we invite all Memphis Area Book Clubs to participate and compete for the Memphis Public Library's branches and system-wide Book Club of the Year Contest. You love reading, and we want you to help share your passion with friends and family and get recognized for your efforts!
How the Contest Works*:
- Each Book Club registers at the Central Library or any of the 17 branch libraries or on the web. Each Book Club encourages its members, along with friends and family, to enter the contest, read books, and report all the books read. The Book Club leader/contact will manage participation of its team and tally the number of the books read by its members using a Book Club Reading Log. The registration form and the reading log are in Adobe Acrobat format, the free Adobe reader is available from Adobe.
- Branch winners - Each Book Club has a chance to win the coveted titles "(Your Branch Name Here) Book Club of the Year" award and a certificate for either the most participation award or the most books read award! There will be two Book Club winners for Central Library and two winners for each of the 17 branch libraries.
- System-wide Book Club of the Year winners: The top winner for the most participation and for the most books read categories will each be the Memphis Public Library Book Club of the Year!
What Can Your Book Club Win?
- All Book Clubs will be invited to the Adult Summer Reading Book Club Awards Ceremony and Reception on Sunday, August 11 at 2pm at the Benjamin Hooks Central Library meeting rooms. The keynote speaker will be Cary Holladay, author of Horse People: Stories. Download a copy of the poster. (PDF format)
- All participating Book Clubs will receive a "certificate of participation" in recognition for their promotion of reading and will have their members' photo taken and made into an American Library Association Celebrity READ poster for their respective libraries.
- The most participation award and the most books read award will be issued to the Central and 17 branch library Book Club winners.
- The two system-wide winning Book Clubs and their members will be featured on WYPL-TV, the library channel, and on the Memphis Public Library's National Library Card Sign-up Poster. In addition, upon consent and availability of the winners, to be featured by external media.
*Note: All Book Club participants, ages 18 and older, can also enter in the Individual Adult Summer Reading Program.
ADULT SUMMER READING IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THESE SPONSORS
- First Tennessee Foundation
- Memphis Public Library & Information Center
- City of Memphis
- Friends of the Library
- Memphis Library Foundation
This event may be recorded or photographed for use by the Memphis Public Library & Information Center for media, social media, broadcast, and/or print purposes.
What's New @ Your Memphis Public Library & Information Center
Bring your gently used books to the nearest Memphis Public Library & Information Center location. Proceeds from Friends of the Library book sales benefit the Memphis Public Library & Information Center.