- ABOUT US
- COLLECTIONS A - C
- COLLECTIONS D - M
- COLLECTIONS N - Z
- ONLINE RESOURCES
- LINC 211
- SUPPORT THE LIBRARY
- ASK A QUESTION
- SECOND EDITIONS BOOKSTORE
- COMPUTER CLASSES
- MEETING ROOMS
- PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- SPECIAL NEEDS SERVICES
- TTY SERVICE
- WI-FI ACCESS
- WYPL FM 89.3
- MY ACCOUNT
- HELP / CONTACT
- BusinessFinance.org BusinessFinancing.org includes information on options for financing a small business. The main types of available financing are included as well as the benefits and advantages of the different types of sources.
SBA.Gov is the official business link to the U.S. Government. Included is information about grants and loans and other special topics. From this page there is also a link to licensing and permit requirements in Tennessee and other states, and a guide to regulations covering particular industries.
- The Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance
The Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance is a government publication that identifies and describes specific government assistance opportunities such as loans, grants, counseling, and procurement contracts available under many agencies and programs. Benefits and services of the programs are provided through seven financial types of assistance and eight non-financial types of assistance.
- First Step Business Loan Review
First Step is a screening tool developed by the National Business Association to help smaller businesses (less than 100 employees and annual sales of less than $5 million) determine the likelihood of success in gaining a guaranteed loan. If you gain a score of 70 or more on First Step, then the next step would be to find a lender who is SBA certified for loans. The Small Business Administration guarantees loans from lenders for those qualified.
- Guide to Loan Programs American Business Credit has development an Easy to Follow Guide to SBA programs which explains what each loan entails and how it may help a small business.
- Small Business Administration
The Small Business Administration has information on how to generate capital for your small business, what they can do to help, and some basics on financing.
- Tennessee Business Development
Tennessee's Business Support Programs are helpful to the potential small business owner by discussing funding of your business venture and leading you to the variety of state and federal programs that exist to support economic development.
First Tennessee Small Business Center
- Business Law
- Business Plans
- Demographic Information
- Entrepreneur Resources
- Importing & Exporting
- Licenses & Permits
- Procurement: Doing Business with the Government
- Running and Growing a Business
- Small Business Programs
- Starting and Structuring A Business
- Tax Information for Small Business
Bring your gently used books to the nearest Memphis Public Library & Information Center location. Proceeds from Friends of the Library book sales benefit the Memphis Public Library & Information Center.