- ABOUT US
- COLLECTIONS A - C
- COLLECTIONS D - M
- COLLECTIONS N - Z
- ONLINE RESOURCES
- LINC 211
- SUPPORT THE LIBRARY
- ASK A QUESTION
- SECOND EDITIONS BOOKSTORE
- COMPUTER CLASSES
- MEETING ROOMS
- PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- SPECIAL NEEDS SERVICES
- TTY SERVICE
- WI-FI ACCESS
- WYPL FM 89.3
- MY ACCOUNT
- HELP / CONTACT
Science Fair Information
The Memphis Public Library is a great place to look for Science Fair information. The Sciences Department on the third floor of the Hooks Central Library, as well as the Children's Department on the first floor, both have areas devoted to helping students move through the various steps of completing their projects.
Click here to search library's catalog for science fair materials.
Don't forget to check out the Children's Department page of Science Links for more information.
Local Science Fair Links
- Memphis and Shelby County Science and Engineering Fair for grades 6-12.
- Science Fairs and Projects: Comprehensive list of internet sites, designed to be used by teachers, but also helpful to students.
- Science Fair Central: From the Discovery Channel, this site takes students through the three major steps - getting started, project design and implementation, and science fair presentation.
- Exploratorium: More excellent links for science fair project ideas
- Internet Public Library: Science Fair Project Resource Guide: Designed for students, it includes background information on the scientific method and tips for writing a paper. Don’t miss the “Tools and Research” link.
- Science Buddies: The most unique feature of this site is the Topic Selection Wizard. Students fill out a personal interest inventory and the wizard generates a list of project ideas based on their stated preferences.
- Crystal Clear Science Fair Projects: Has a straightforward layout and offers projects organized by age group (easy, elementary, etc.) Check out “Project Ideas” at the top of the left column. However, be aware that some projects on this site are kits offered for sale.
- Science News for Kids: Offers guidance for the parents of students who are interested in entering the annual Intel ISEF (International Science and Engineering Fair). Participating students will want to check out the link to the National Science Teachers Association's Hands On Activities.
Bring your gently used books to the nearest Memphis Public Library & Information Center location. Proceeds from Friends of the Library book sales benefit the Memphis Public Library & Information Center.