Main public health sites
These sites provide data on COVID-19, testing sites, suggestions on prevention, and more:
covid-19 info for children
- Coronavirus: A Book for Children: a free PDF book by Candlewick Press
- Coronavirus Facts for Kids: a flyer developed by the UT Health Science Center.
- Just for Kids, a Comic Exploring the New Coronavirus: developed by NPR (also available in Spanish and Chinese).
- Learn about the Coronavirus Coloring Book: developed by St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- My Hero is You, how kids can fight COVID-19: a downloadable PDF book developed by the Inter-Agency Standing Committee Reference Group on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Emergency Settings (available in multiple languages).
- Memphis Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Business Resources
- Memphis SCORE
- National Council of Nonprofits COVID-19 Info
- Tennessee Dept. of Economic & Community Development Small Business Resources
- Tennessee Small Business Development Center (TSBDC) Coronavirus
- U.S. Small Business Administration Coronavirus Guidance and Loan Resources
personal financial assistance
- Community Services Agency (rent/mortgage, utility, prescription assistance)
- Greater Memphis Financial Empowerment Center (Financial Counseling)
- EveryoneOn (Find Low-Cost Internet Service and Computers in Your Area)
- Federal Trade Commission – Coronavirus Scam Info
- IRS – Economic Impact Payments (stimulus checks)
- Tennessee Dept. of Human Services – Emergency Cash Assistance
- Tennessee Dept. of Labor and Workforce Development – Reemployment Assistance/Unemployment
more community information
- LINC/2-1-1 Community Information Database
- (Dial 2-1-1 for more information)
Visit our Library Services and COVID-19 for updates on library services, library card questions, virtual programming, and more.
other free resources
In addition to the Library, many places are offering free online resources.