- ABOUT US
- COLLECTIONS A - C
- COLLECTIONS D - M
- COLLECTIONS N - Z
- ONLINE RESOURCES
- LINC 211
- SUPPORT THE LIBRARY
- ASK A QUESTION
- SECOND EDITIONS BOOKSTORE
- COMPUTER CLASSES
- MEETING ROOMS
- PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- SPECIAL NEEDS SERVICES
- TTY SERVICE
- WI-FI ACCESS
- WYPL FM 89.3
- MY ACCOUNT
- HELP / CONTACT
Complementary & Alternative Medicine
- Alternative Medicine
Various sites selected for general information on Complementary and Alternative Medicine at MEDLINEplus.
- Herbal Safety
The University of Texas at El Paso created this website to provide information about research findings, in English and Spanish, related to herbal use. A number of very helpful fact sheets on commonly used medicinal herbs and plants are available from this website.
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
NCCAM provides access to a database with over 18,000 articles with abstracts from PubMed. This site is sponsored by National Institutes of Health.
- Native American Ethnobotany
Searchable database of foods, drugs, dyes and fibers of Native American peoples, derived from plants.
- Office of Dietary Supplements
The ODS is a congressionally mandated office in the Office of the Director, National Institutes of Health (NIH). The ODS supports research and disseminates research results in the area of dietary supplements. The ODS also provides advice to other federal agencies regarding research results related to dietary supplements.
Search the Health Information Center
Health Information Center Online
- In the News
- Local and National Health Events
- General Health Concerns, Diseases, Medical Conditions, Tests, & Diagnosis
- Doctor and Medical Facilities Locator
- Local Health Information
- Drug and Pharmaceutical Information
- Surgeries, Procedures and Tests
- Self Help
- Health Magazines and Newsletters
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Complementary & Alternative Medicine
- Health Statistics
- Health Resources for Diverse Ethnic and Cultural Populations
- Legal Health Issues
- Managed Care, Insurance, HMOs, TennCare, etc.
- Mental Health
- Men's Health
- Women's Health
- Children's Health
- Seniors' Health
Seven criteria are used to select health sites for inclusion here.
For the full explanation of our selection criteria and the Honor Code, visit our Selection Criteria page.