- ABOUT US
- COLLECTIONS A - C
- COLLECTIONS D - M
- COLLECTIONS N - Z
- ONLINE RESOURCES
- LINC 211
- SUPPORT THE LIBRARY
- ASK A QUESTION
- SECOND EDITIONS BOOKSTORE
- COMPUTER CLASSES
- MEETING ROOMS
- PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- SPECIAL NEEDS SERVICES
- TTY SERVICE
- WI-FI ACCESS
- WYPL FM 89.3
- MY ACCOUNT
- HELP / CONTACT
Managed Care, Insurance, HMOs, TennCare, etc.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is a federal agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. CMS runs the Medicare and Medicaid programs and, with the Health Resources and Services Administration, runs the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP).
Note that the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) was renamed Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) on June 14, 2001.
- HealthCare.gov is an easy-to-use and comprehensive new government website that helps Americans make informed decisions about healthcare coverage and offers information about new benefits and protections for individuals, families and employers.
- Bureau of TennCare
The Bureau of TennCare is responsible for the administration of the TennCare and TennCare Partners programs, a managed care system that provides health care benefits including mental health and substance abuse services.
- Cover Tennessee
Cover Tennessee is a combination of four different programs:
- AccessTN which provides comprehensive health coverage to seriously ill uninsurable adults
- CoverTN which provides basic health insurance coverage for small business owners and self-employed individuals
- CoverKids which provides comprehensive health care to uninsured children and maternity care to uninsured pregnant women
- CoverRx which provides prescription drug assistance to those who have no prescription drug coverage.
- National Committee for Quality Assurance
How does your health plan rate?
- State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP)
The Balanced Budget Act of 1997 established the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP). This site provides an overview of the basic SCHIP requirements regarding program structure, eligibility standards, benefits packages, administration, cost sharing, funding, and state maintenance of effort.
Search the Health Information Center
Health Information Center Online
- In the News
- Local and National Health Events
- General Health Concerns, Diseases, Medical Conditions, Tests, & Diagnosis
- Doctor and Medical Facilities Locator
- Local Health Information
- Drug and Pharmaceutical Information
- Surgeries, Procedures and Tests
- Self Help
- Health Magazines and Newsletters
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Complementary & Alternative Medicine
- Health Statistics
- Health Resources for Diverse Ethnic and Cultural Populations
- Legal Health Issues
- Managed Care, Insurance, HMOs, TennCare, etc.
- Mental Health
- Men's Health
- Women's Health
- Children's Health
- Seniors' Health
Seven criteria are used to select health sites for inclusion here.
For the full explanation of our selection criteria and the Honor Code, visit our Selection Criteria page.