- ABOUT US
- COLLECTIONS A - C
- COLLECTIONS D - M
- COLLECTIONS N - Z
- ONLINE RESOURCES
- LINC 211
- SUPPORT THE LIBRARY
- ASK A QUESTION
- SECOND EDITIONS BOOKSTORE
- COMPUTER CLASSES
- MEETING ROOMS
- PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- SPECIAL NEEDS SERVICES
- TTY SERVICE
- WI-FI ACCESS
- WYPL FM 89.3
- MY ACCOUNT
- HELP / CONTACT
- National Institute of Mental Health
A site of interest for the public, practitioners and researchers.
- American Psychological Association
APA works to advance psychology as a science, a profession and a means of promoting human welfare. Find information for psychologists, students of psychology and the general public.
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Provides information to aid in the understanding and treatment of developmental, behavioral and mental disorders of children and adolescents. Find information on child and adolescent psychiatry, fact sheets for parents and caregivers, current research and more.
- The Center for Mental Health Services
CMHS leads federal efforts to treat mental illnesses by promoting mental health and by preventing the development or worsening of mental illness when possible. Includes information in Spanish.
- Mental Health America
This organization is dedicated to improving the mental health of all individuals and achieving victory over mental illnesses. Find fact sheets, online depression screening, legislative alerts, advocacy information and more.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Find information on substance abuse and mental health topics as well as toll-free hotlines (one in Spanish) and locators for treatment programs and treatment facilities. Part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Search the Health Information Center
Health Information Center Online
- In the News
- Local and National Health Events
- General Health Concerns, Diseases, Medical Conditions, Tests, & Diagnosis
- Doctor and Medical Facilities Locator
- Local Health Information
- Drug and Pharmaceutical Information
- Surgeries, Procedures and Tests
- Self Help
- Health Magazines and Newsletters
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Complementary & Alternative Medicine
- Health Statistics
- Health Resources for Diverse Ethnic and Cultural Populations
- Legal Health Issues
- Managed Care, Insurance, HMOs, TennCare, etc.
- Mental Health
- Men's Health
- Women's Health
- Children's Health
- Seniors' Health
Seven criteria are used to select health sites for inclusion here.
For the full explanation of our selection criteria and the Honor Code, visit our Selection Criteria page.