- ABOUT US
- COLLECTIONS A - C
- COLLECTIONS D - M
- COLLECTIONS N - Z
- ONLINE RESOURCES
- LINC 211
- SUPPORT THE LIBRARY
- ASK A QUESTION
- SECOND EDITIONS BOOKSTORE
- COMPUTER CLASSES
- MEETING ROOMS
- PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- SPECIAL NEEDS SERVICES
- TTY SERVICE
- WI-FI ACCESS
- WYPL FM 89.3
- MY ACCOUNT
- HELP / CONTACT
- Emergency-Specific Preparedness Information from the Red Cross
Site lists specific actions to take to remain safe and healthy through various types of emergency situations. Available in Spanish.
This site offered by FEMA gives suggestions on how to prepare and survive natural disasters. Site available in various languages.
- The Department of Homeland Security gives suggestions on how to be prepared should a terrorist attack occur. Look under the heading called "Preparedness, Response, Recovery."
- FEMA: Federal Emergency Management Agency
Information and publications on how to prepare for an emergency. Take a look at FEMA publication Are You Ready? Site available in Spanish.
Information from several government agencies about preparing for and recovery from emergencies.
- Disaster Preparation and Recovery from MEDLINEPlus
News, general overviews and helpful links for coping with trauma, dealing with specific conditions in an emergency, and information for seniors, teens and kids.
- OSHA Emergency Preparedness & Response
Planning for safety and preparing for emergencies in the workplace.
- Emergency Preparedness for Children with Special Healthcare Needs
Information and blank forms for parents of children with special health needs. Presented by the American Academy of Pediatrics
Search the Health Information Center
Health Information Center Online
- In the News
- Local and National Health Events
- General Health Concerns, Diseases, Medical Conditions, Tests, & Diagnosis
- Doctor and Medical Facilities Locator
- Local Health Information
- Drug and Pharmaceutical Information
- Surgeries, Procedures and Tests
- Self Help
- Health Magazines and Newsletters
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Complementary & Alternative Medicine
- Health Statistics
- Health Resources for Diverse Ethnic and Cultural Populations
- Legal Health Issues
- Managed Care, Insurance, HMOs, TennCare, etc.
- Mental Health
- Men's Health
- Women's Health
- Children's Health
- Seniors' Health
Seven criteria are used to select health sites for inclusion here.
For the full explanation of our selection criteria and the Honor Code, visit our Selection Criteria page.