- ABOUT US
- COLLECTIONS A - C
- COLLECTIONS D - M
- COLLECTIONS N - Z
- ONLINE RESOURCES
- LINC 211
- SUPPORT THE LIBRARY
- ASK A QUESTION
- SECOND EDITIONS BOOKSTORE
- COMPUTER CLASSES
- MEETING ROOMS
- PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- SPECIAL NEEDS SERVICES
- TTY SERVICE
- WI-FI ACCESS
- WYPL FM 89.3
- MY ACCOUNT
- HELP / CONTACT
There are three types of holds for books or other materials . . . .
- "The book I want is checked out. Please notify me when it is returned!"
- "The book I want is available at the library. Please hold it for me!"
- "The book I want is available at a branch across town. Please send it to the branch that is closest to me so I can pick it up tomorrow!"
There are three ways to place a hold . . . .
- Place a hold online! Click here to learn how to place a hold online .
- Visit any MPLIC library.
- Call any MPLIC library.
- Popular 7-Day Books and new DVDs cannot be placed on hold. However, if a copy is available at any library, you can call that library and the material will be held for you until the end of the business day.
- Reference materials are not available for holds.
- Please wait to be notified before you come in to pick up a hold request (see Holds Notification , below). Processing of online holds generally requires a minimum of 24 hours.
- There is a limit of 25 hold requests on your library card at one time.
- We will notify you by telephone or email when your requested items are ready for pickup.
- Check the status of holds and other library card information by calling 901-452-2047 (24 hours) or by using the My Items on Hold feature online. (NOTE: both methods require your library card number.)
- We will hold your items at the library you have specified for 7 days.
- Please use the same library card to request and check out your material.
- Click here for more information on notices .
Catalog and Account Help
- Catalog and Account Help Index
- Library Card
- Catalog Searching
What's New @ Your Memphis Public Library & Information Center
How Do I...
- Search the Catalog and Find What I Need?
- Get A Library Card?
- Access the Wireless Network?
- Check Out an e- Audio Book?
- Get help with e- Audio Book technical problems?
- Contact the Library?
- Find Library Events?
- Reserve Books?
- Become a Friend of the Library?
- Renew Items I Have Checked Out?
- Get or Change a PIN?
- Find Activities for My Teen?
- Use the Automated Telephone System?
- Find Out about Fees, Loan Periods, or Fines?
- Apply to Work at the Library?
Bring your gently used books to the nearest Memphis Public Library & Information Center location. Proceeds from Friends of the Library book sales benefit the Memphis Public Library & Information Center.