- ABOUT US
- COLLECTIONS A - C
- COLLECTIONS D - M
- COLLECTIONS N - Z
- ONLINE RESOURCES
- LINC 211
- SUPPORT THE LIBRARY
- ASK A QUESTION
- SECOND EDITIONS BOOKSTORE
- COMPUTER CLASSES
- MEETING ROOMS
- PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- SPECIAL NEEDS SERVICES
- TTY SERVICE
- WI-FI ACCESS
- WYPL FM 89.3
- MY ACCOUNT
- HELP / CONTACT
To view detailed information about an item in a hit list, you can click on the title of the item, or (when available) the item’s cover image.
Once in the Details view, you can browse through the list of Search Results using Previous and Next . Return to the Search Results by clicking Go to Results . Click Search History to view a list of previous searches in this session.
In addition to brief catalog information, you can find the following in the Details view of an item.
- Holdings attached to the record, including available copies.
- Access to a list of items by the same Author .
- Access to a list of items about the same Topic .
- Access to a list of items on the same Shelf .
The following actions can be taken from the Details view of an item.
Click icons in A Look Inside to access book reviews, author interviews, cover jackets, tables of contents, book summaries, author biographies, first chapters and excerpts, electronic texts, and database information, if they are available via subscription.
Click Keep Item to save an item for later retrieval. Don't forget to click Kept Records after you have marked items to Keep from Details.
Click Place Hold option allows you to place a hold on an item that is not currently available at the library. You will be notified by your library when the item is available for pickup.
Click Catalog Record to see the full catalog record view of the item. In the catalog record, click on hypertext links to perform additional searches.
Click MARC Record to view the item record in MARC (Machine Readable Cataloging) format.
To return to the list of holdings after viewing the Catalog or MARC Record, click on Item Details .
Catalog and Account Help
- Catalog and Account Help Index
- Library Card
- Catalog Searching
What's New @ Your Memphis Public Library & Information Center
How Do I...
- Search the Catalog and Find What I Need?
- Get A Library Card?
- Access the Wireless Network?
- Check Out an e- Audio Book?
- Get help with e- Audio Book technical problems?
- Contact the Library?
- Find Library Events?
- Reserve Books?
- Become a Friend of the Library?
- Renew Items I Have Checked Out?
- Get or Change a PIN?
- Find Activities for My Teen?
- Use the Automated Telephone System?
- Find Out about Fees, Loan Periods, or Fines?
- Apply to Work at the Library?
Bring your gently used books to the nearest Memphis Public Library & Information Center location. Proceeds from Friends of the Library book sales benefit the Memphis Public Library & Information Center.