- 10 Legal Myths About Advance Medical Directives
Published by the American Bar Association’s Commission on Law and Aging, this website exposes 10 of the legal myths regarding advance medical directives.
- AARP in Your State: Tennessee
This website provides information for seniors on the issues of advocacy, community service, news, announcements, and contact information for the state of Tennessee.
- Caring Connections
Caring Connections is a program of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization. It offers information on a variety of senior issues including advance care planning with “free state-specific advance directive documents and instructions.”
- AGS Foundation for Health in Aging
The AGS Foundation for Health in Aging is a non-profit organization established in 1999 by the American Geriatrics Society.
- Consumer’s Tool Kit for Health Care Advance Planning
Published by the American Bar Association’s Commission on Law and Aging, this tool kit contains a variety of self-help worksheets, suggestions and resources to help users clarify and communicate what is important to them in the face of serious illness.
Senior Health, provided by the National Institutes of Health, was developed by the National Library of Medicine and the National Institute on Aging.
- Exercise & Physical Activity: Your Everyday Guide from the National Institute on Aging
“Think you are too old to start an exercise program?” Ease into an exercise program with this guide from the National Institute on Aging.
SeniorNet is “a nonprofit organization of computer-using adults, age 50 and older. SeniorNet’s mission is to provide older adults with education for and access to computer technologies to enhance their lives and enable them to share their knowledge and wisdom.”
- Seniors’ Health Topics
Various sites selected for general information on seniors’ health issues at MEDLINEplus.
- Administration on Aging
AoA is a federal agency that has the single charge of serving the nation’s 43 million seniors.
OWL is a national membership organization that strives to improve the status and quality of life for midlife and older women.
- Alzheimer’s Association
A gateway to information for those suffering from Alzheimer’s and those caring for them.
- Merck Manual of Geriatrics
A full-text geriatric care manual.
- National Alliance for Caregiving
Provides support to family caregivers of older persons and the professionals who help them and tries to increase public awareness of issues facing family caregivers.
- National Resource Center for Safe Aging
Get the background, news and resources for preventing injuries among older adults.
- AARP: Health & Wellness
Articles, advice, insurance options and community information are among the topics covered at this site provided by AARP.
- National Directory of Home Modification and Repair Resources
This resource is provided through the USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology website homemods.org, which is “dedicated to promoting aging in place and independent living for persons of all ages and abilities.”
- Visit assisted-living-directory.com to search for assisted living accommodations for seniors by state.
Print This Page
- All of Us
- Children’s Health
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Databases – Health
- Diverse, Ethnic, Cultural Populations
- Doctor and Medical Facilities Locator
- General Health Concerns
- Health Information Center Newsletter
- Health Statistics
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Healthy Living Speaker Series
- Legal Health Issues
- Men’s Health
- Mental Health
- Reference Books – Health
- Surgeries, Procedures and Tests
- Women’s Health