- Pregnancy & Newborn
The March of Dimes presents this online guide to a healthy pregnancy and birth. Topics include preparing for pregnancy, nutrition, breastfeeding and more.
- Women’s Health
Various sites selected for general information on women’s health issues at MEDLINEplus.
- Drugs and Lactation Database
“A peer-reviewed and fully referenced database of drugs to which breastfeeding mothers may be exposed. Among the data included are maternal and infant levels of drugs, possible effects on breastfed infants and on lactation, and alternate drugs to consider.”
- Women’s Health Initiative
This site has information on the WHI Hormone Program. It also provides a link to the journal article in the Journal of the American Medical Association that provides the basis for the reported findings.
- National Women’s Health Information Center
Provided by the Office on Women’s Health at the US Dept. of Health and Human Services.
- WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women With Heart Disease
WomenHeart’s mission is to improve the health and quality of life of women living with or at risk of heart disease, and to advocate for their benefit.
- Maternal and Child Health Library
“The Maternal and Child Health Library at Georgetown University provides the MCH community with accurate and timely information on a broad range of topics.” See the A-Z topic index.
- National Women’s Health Resource Center
The National Women’s Health Resource Center (now called HealthyWomen) is a non-profit “dedicated to helping women make informed decisions about their health and encouraging women to embrace healthy lifestyles to promote wellness and prevent disease.”
Print This Page
- All of Us
- Children’s Health
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Databases – Health
- Diverse, Ethnic, Cultural Populations
- Doctor and Medical Facilities Locator
- General Health Concerns
- Health Information Center Newsletter
- Health Statistics
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Healthy Living Speaker Series
- Legal Health Issues
- Men’s Health
- Mental Health
- Reference Books – Health
- Seniors’ Health
- Surgeries, Procedures and Tests