The Nonprofit Resource Center offers a series of free Foundation Center training workshops on a regular basis. These classes are designed for those currently involved in a nonprofit or planning to start a nonprofit, rather than individuals seeking grants for individual or small business use. The regularly-scheduled workshops are listed below, along with their Foundation Center description. We also partner with various organizations for seminars on other topics.
If you would like to receive notifications about future classes, events, and other resources, please sign up using our Google Form.
For more information please call the Business/Sciences Department at 415-2734.
- Introduction to Finding Grants
- Attendees will learn the 10 most important things you need to know about finding grants including: who funds nonprofits and what are their motivations; what do funders really want to know about the organizations they are interested in funding; and how to identify potential funders and make the first approach.
- Introduction to Proposal Writing
- This newly revised class will provide you with an overview of how to write a standard project proposal to a foundation. It will include: the basic elements of a proposal; the “do’s” and “don’ts” of writing and submitting a proposal; and how to follow up whether the answer is yes or no.
- Introduction to Project Budgets
- Are you ready to start fundraising for your project or idea, but don’t know what and how much to ask for? If preparing a budget for your foundation grant is holding you back, come learn the basic elements of how to draft a project budget with confidence!
- Introduction to Fundraising Planning
- Does your organization need help directing its fundraising efforts? Planning focuses your organization by setting fundraising priorities and helps give staff and board members a roadmap to success. (Often co-presented with WHEREtoGIVEmidsouth and the Community Foundation of Greater Memphis.)
- Introduction to Corporate Giving
- Corporate grantmakers are different from traditional foundations in many ways. This class provides a basic overview of the different types of corporate giving, what motivates corporations to give, and how to find potential corporate partners.
Foundation Center tiene los mismos temas en seminarios web gratis en Español:
Free Nonprofit Workshops/Seminarios Web page last updated March 15, 2018.