Libraries Unbound is a Pilot program between the Memphis Public Library and East High School.
Students that have received parental permission can participate. Once you have received your “Libraries Unbound” Library Card, you can begin requesting items to be sent to your school library for pickup. To do this:
- Search the Catalog.
- Click “Place Hold”.
- Enter your Library Card # and PIN. Your Library Card # is the long number on the back of your Libraries Unbound card. Your PIN should be the last 4 digits of your Library Card #.
- Pickup Library should be “LIBRARIES UNBOUND”. Do not change this unless you want to pick the item up at a library location.
- If the item is currently available, it should arrive at your school library within a week. (NOTE: Currently available for East High School beginning in the 2014-15 school year for participating students.)
- You can also renew your items up to two times.
- Use your library card to access other services such as eBooks, eAudio books, music downloads, eMagazines, and more.
- Standard overdue/lost/damage fines apply.
- If students accrue $2.00 or more in overdue fines, or if they have material that is more than 10 days overdue, we cannot check out anything else to their account. The student will need to return the material and/or visit any Memphis Public Library to pay the fine.
- Any items with checkout fees such as DVDs and CDs cannot be delivered. Students can still check out those materials inside of Memphis Public Library in order to pay the checkout fees, but we cannot deliver to their school library.
- Please be advised that it is the parent or guardians responsibility for monitoring their student checkouts, not the school, librarians or school employees.