- You can reserve a book or send a book to any library by placing a hold.
- When viewing your search results, click “Place Hold”, provide your Library Card # and PIN, and select your pick-up location.
- You will be notified when the title is available at the pick-up location. Holds will be held at the pick-up location for 7 days.
- If a copy is currently available, it should take 1 to 2 days for us to locate and process the hold.
- If you are planning on coming to the library on the same day you place the hold, you may find it easier to call us and we will check the shelves immediately.
Can I Call a Library to Place a Hold?
- If you ever need assistance with locating a title, placing a hold, renewing your checked out titles, receiving your PIN, you may find it easier and quicker to just call us. We’re here to help.
- Visit our Locations page for telephone numbers.
- Or, if you are using our Catalog, you can click on “Library Information” at the top of the screen to see a list of phone numbers and addresses.
- Also, when viewing search results, library phone numbers can be found next to the library’s name.
- Because the Benjamin L. Hooks Central Library has several separate agencies, the most appropriate phone number can be found in the “Status” column if a title is currently available.