Books in a Bag is Memphis Public Library’s value-added service for our book club patrons! The program is a one stop shop for all of your book club reading and discussion needs. Each bag also includes: 10 copies of one title; Booklet with background materials; Author biography; Discussion questions; Advice on how to start and sustain a book club.
Books in a Bag is Memphis Public Library’s value-added service for our book club patrons! The program is a one stop shop for all of your book club reading and discussion needs.
Each bag also includes:
- 10 copies of one title
- Booklet with background materials
- Author biography
- Discussion questions
- Advice on how to start and sustain a book club
- A list of available titles can be found on our public catalog.
- To suggest a title for purchase, please fill out our online form.
You can also try our “Books in a Bag” email notification (powered by Google feedburner), which will send an email whenever a new “Bookclub kit” title is added to our catalog.
- Bags are free and can be checked out by anyone with a valid Memphis Public Library and Information Center card.
- Each cardholder may checkout one bag at a time for a period of six weeks. Bags are not renewable.
- Holds may be placed or requested under existing policies for Holds.
- The customer checking out the Books in a Bag set assumes all responsibility for the return of the bag and its contents.
The Books In a Bag kits are located at the Whitehaven Branch Library call 415-2781 for details.
- Books in a Bag must be returned inside the library to Circulation Staff.
- When you are picking up and returning your Bag, please check its contents against the list included in the booklet.
- If the bag is incomplete when returned:
- The customer may keep the bag to collect the missing parts before returning and continue to accrue overdue fines, or
- The customer will be charged as follows for missing items:
- Missing Bag – $10.00
- Missing Barcode – $1.00
- Missing Booklet – $3.00
- Missing Book – Cover price plus $5.00 processing fee
- Entire Kit Replacement – $175.00
- Overdue Books in a Bag
- The Books in a Bag set must be returned complete or billed as above for missing items.
- Overdue Book in a Bag set incurs a $1.00 per day late charge.