- Health Statistics
Links to sources of health statistics provided by the National Library of Medicine.
- Tennessee State Page
This site from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Southeastern/Atlantic Region (NN/LM-SE/A) has demographics, statistics, news, and other great resources on health in Tennessee.
- FASTATS from A to Z
An alphabetical listing of key terms for quick access to health statistics. This site is part of the National Center for Health Statistics provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Tennessee’s Office of Health Statistics is responsible for the compilation, analysis, and distribution of vital statistics data and other statistical information submitted to the Tennessee Department of Health through various certificates, reports, and surveys.
- Cosmetic Surgery National Data Bank
The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery published this “authoritative source for current U.S. statistics on cosmetic surgery” that covers 39 cosmetic procedures and offers 8-year comparisons.
- American Hospital Directory
The American Hospital Directory’s website provides detailed information on almost every hospital in the United States. It has a free state-by-state listing of hospital profiles to serve as a standard for comparison for users.
- Trust for America’s Health
The Trust for America’s Health, a nonprofit organization, works to “make disease prevention a national priority.” Included on this website is a section entitled “Your State’s Health” which provides brief statistics on such areas as the percentage of adults with asthma or the percentage of obese adults. It also covers cancer tracking mechanisms and bioterrorism preparedness at the state level.
Print This Page
- Children’s Health
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Databases – Health
- Diverse, Ethnic, Cultural Populations
- Doctor and Medical Facilities Locator
- General Health Concerns
- Health Information Center Newsletter
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Healthy Living Speaker Series
- Legal Health Issues
- Men’s Health
- Mental Health
- Reference Books – Health
- Seniors’ Health
- Surgeries, Procedures and Tests
- Women’s Health