- State of Tennessee Advance Care Plan and Appointment of Health Care Agent
In the state of Tennessee, The Advance Care Plan and Appointment of Health Care Agent forms are taking the place of the Living Will and Durable Power of Attorney forms. However, the Living Will and Durable Power of Attorney are still acceptable as means of advance health care decision making. These documents can be used to inform your family and doctor of your decisions about your health care should you become unable to decide for yourself. You can also use these forms to appoint someone you know and trust to be your health care decision maker.
- 10 Legal Myths About Advance Medical Directives
Published by the American Bar Association’s Commission on Law and Aging, this website exposes 10 of the legal myths regarding advance medical directives.
- Consumer’s Tool Kit for Health Care Advance Planning
Published by the American Bar Association Commission on Law and Aging, this tool kit contains a variety of self-help worksheets, suggestions and resources to help users discover, clarify and communicate “what is important to you in the face of serious illness.”
- How to Spot Health Fraud
Article from the Food & Drug Administration with tips for spotting health fraud with examples.
- Office for Civil Rights – HIPPA
Information on the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 which deals with the privacy of patients’ health information.
Print This Page
- Children’s Health
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Databases – Health
- Diverse, Ethnic, Cultural Populations
- Doctor and Medical Facilities Locator
- General Health Concerns
- Health Information Center Newsletter
- Health Statistics
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Healthy Living Speaker Series
- Men’s Health
- Mental Health
- Reference Books – Health
- Seniors’ Health
- Surgeries, Procedures and Tests
- Women’s Health