Specialized Small Business Center Resources
- Small Business Resource Guide
Prepared by the Memphis Chamber. This publication provides information and contact numbers that would be helpful to anyone interested in starting a business. In the Resource Guide, information on getting a Federal ID Number is found as well as sign ordinance regulations, health department requirements, and tax obligations of a new business.
- Steps to Starting a Business in Memphis & Shelby County
This publication, compiled by the Shelby County Clerk’s office, provides potential business owners with a list of the local government agencies they may have to contact to set up a new business.
Business.usa.gov is the official business link to the U.S. Government. Included is information about grants and loans and other special topics. From this page there is also a link to licensing and permit requirements in Tennessee and other states, and a guide to regulations covering particular industries.
- Department of Commerce & Insurance – Regulatory Boards
This website provides information on how to acquire and maintain a professional license. From accountants and hairdressers to private detectives and real estate appraisers, this website will outline the necessary steps and forms for those professions required to be licensed to do business in Tennessee.
Print This Page
- Business Law
- Business Plans
- Entrepreneur Resources
- Financing Your Small Business
- Grants for Businesses
- Importing and Exporting
- Insurance for your Small Business
- Marketing Your Business
- Procurement: Doing Business with the Government
- Research for your Small Business
- Running and Growing a Business
- Starting and Structuring a Business
- Tax Information for Small Businesses