Filter by Category
Books & More
Business, Job and Career
Computers & Technology
History, Genealogy, Social Sciences
Law & Government
BookMyne Catalog App
1. Use this app to search the Catalog, Place Holds, Renew Items.
2. Once you install the app, you will need to connect to the Memphis Public Library.
3. If you search by your location, you will see all branches listed. Select a branch to limit your searches to just that branch. Or, select “Memphis Public Library (All Libraries)” to search all libraries in the Memphis Public Library system.
Google Play Store | Apple App Store
SirsiDynix BookMyne Support
NOTE: An alternative to this app is to use our main catalog that is responsive to various screen sizes.
Libby by OverDrive is a redesigned app to access the same collection as the OverDrive app. 1) Install the app from your device’s app store (available for iOS 9+, Android 4.4+, and Windows 10 devices); 2) Open the app and find Memphis Public Libraries by searching by name, city, or zip code; 3) Browse our collection and borrow a title. When prompted, sign in with your Library Card Number and PIN; 4) Borrowed titles appear on your Shelf and download to the app automatically so you can read them offline. From your Shelf, you can tap “Start Reading” or “Start Listening”. You can also tap the cover image, then “Send to Device” to send a book to Kindle.
Apple App Store | Google Play | Windows Store
Getting Started with the Overdrive App
1. Get free Overdrive App from the App Store (iOS), Google Play (Android), or Amazon App Store (Kindle Fire). Downloads for various devices found here.
2. Launch the app and authorize the app by creating an OverDrive ID (or signing in with a previous OverDrive ID). You can also authorize the app with a Library Card Number or via Facebook.
3. Once open, select the app’s menu button at the top-left and select Add a library. Search for Memphis Public Library, select and star it.
4. Select the menu button and select Memphis Public Library
5. Check out: Choose a book; Borrow; Sign in with your Library Card & PIN; Go to Checkouts; Select EPUB from the Download or Add to App drop down menu; Confirm and Download.
6. Read: Select the app’s menu button at the top-left and tap Bookshelf. Tap a title to begin reading.
7. Return early: From the Bookshelf, press and hold a book cover and Return.
More detailed Help guides.
rbDigital Magazines App
1. Read current and past editions of popular magazines.
2. Visit the site and select “Create New Account” at the top-right.
3. Install the app (downloads listed below).
4. Once the app is installed and opened, it will ask for your country, state, and then library (select United States > Tennessee > Memphis Public Library)
5. Enter your rbDigital account information.
More detailed Help guides.
Google Play Store | Apple App Store | Amazon
1. Visit Transparent Language and create an account.
2. Once logged in, select Go Mobile towards the top-right to receive Mobile Password.
3. Download the app and insert your username and mobile password.
Apple App Store iPhone | Apple App Store iPad | Google Play | Amazon Store