Connect at the Library
The Library Provides Free Wi-Fi Access
There are two ways you can connect to the internet with your laptop using either:
- Wireless (Wi/Fi)
- 802.11 B/G/N/A compliant wireless network PC card. Define the Service Set Identifier (SSID) in your wireless configuration software as: Library_Public
- Data ports are available for use in some study rooms and selected data tables at most library locations. Ask at the desk. You’ll need a PC Ethernet/Network Card and a Category 5, RJ45 Patch cable.
- Access is absolutely free as a service to our customers.
- What you should know:
- Printing – You cannot print directly from your personal computer, but you can save to a storage device (disk, USB modem) then use a library computer and the library debit card printing system.
- Blocked sites – Wi-Fi and plug-in use is subject to the same filtering software as library computers, so some sites will be blocked based on content.
- Problems – Fill out a HELP DESK request form. A library employee will contact you as time permits. Visit the Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Access page for more help connecting.
DISCLAIMER: The Memphis Public Library & Information Center assumes no responsibility for your personal computer hardware or software as a result of using the Memphis Public Library network. Library staff cannot plug in, reconfigure or in any other way operate your personal computer.