Position: Executive Director
Organization: JIFF Inc. – JUVENILE INTERVENTION & FAITH-BASED FOLLOW-UP
Location: Memphis, TN
Minimum Salary: $100,000 + benefits
ABOUT JIFF INC.:
JIFF has faithfully served Memphis youth as a 501(c)(3) since 1970. The mission of JIFF is to break the
destructive cycle of juvenile crime through Christ-centered intervention. JIFF provides intensive
intervention services to at-risk youth ages 10-18 who are referred through Memphis and Shelby County
Juvenile Court in four unique ways: Evening Reporting Center, Early Intervention Program, JIFF Case
Mentoring, and Live Life Together. JIFF works with court-referred youth in order to reduce recidivism,
facilitate effective reentry, and plan for the future. JIFF is presently able to work with over 300 youth each
The Executive Director is the key management leader of JIFF, Inc. The Executive Director is responsible for
overseeing and directing the administration, programs and fundraising efforts of JIFF. Other key duties
include strategic planning, communications/marketing, and community outreach. The position reports
directly to the Board of Directors “Board”.
1.) Board Governance: Works with the JIFF Board to fulfill the organizational mission.
● Leads JIFF in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board.
● Communicates effectively with the Board and provides, in a timely and accurate manner, all
reporting and information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed
● Works closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising
and to increase the overall visibility of JIFF.
● Coordinates with the Board to organize and schedule Board and committee meetings.
● Other JIFF duties as assigned by the Board.
2.) Financial Performance and Viability: Oversees JIFF’s financial performance through goal setting, risk
identification, strategy identification, benchmarking, budgeting and evaluation.
● Ensures the fiscal integrity of JIFF, including submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget
and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the
● Leads annual fiscal management process that generally anticipates operating within the approved
budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintains JIFF’s positive financial position.
● Leads successful fund development strategies through established philanthropic partnerships,
including foundations, and establishing new donor relationships.
● Grows both fund development and communications efforts, so both are complementary functions.
● Maintains close local and state government contacts and relationships to ensure funding support.
3.) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with the Board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled
through programs, fundraising, communications, strategic planning, and community outreach.
● Oversees implementation of JIFF’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
● Understands the current and future needs of JIFF and translates those goals into actionable and
● Ensures JIFF has a strategic plan, including a short term and long term vision that is clearly
articulated, that drives growth and mission impact.
● Creates an environment that encourages cooperation and collaboration that drives performance of
assigned goals, organizational efficiency, and accomplishment of strategy.
● Maintains JIFF’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely and
collaborating with other professional, civic, and private organizations and utilizing relationships to
strategically enhance JIFF’s Mission.
● Maintains a close working relationship with Memphis and Shelby County Juvenile Court.
● Serves as JIFF’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the public.
● Presents a clear vision and strategy to the Board of Directors, employees of JIFF, constituents and
current and prospective stakeholders.
4.) Organization Operations: Oversees and implements required resources to ensure that operations of the
organization are appropriate.
● Provides direction and strong leadership towards achieving JIFF’s goals and objectives.
● Administers JIFF’s operations including the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
● Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into.
● Establishes employment and administrative policies and procedures needed for day-to-day
● Transparent and high integrity leadership
● 5+ years senior nonprofit management experience
● Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making
● Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task
● In-depth knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
● Strong written and oral communication skills
● Exceptional relational engagement with diverse stakeholders, including volunteers, local
government, the State of Tennessee, community partners and philanthropic community
● Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
● Strong public speaking and presentation skills
To apply, please send one PDF with a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this opportunity +
your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 10, 2021. No phone calls please.