AUTOZONE PARK SEASONAL GROUNDS CREW
Reports to: Head Groundskeeper, Assistant Groundskeeper
The Memphis Redbirds, Triple A affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals, and Memphis 901 FC, members of USL Championship, are are searching for highly motivated individuals looking to gain experience in the sports turf industry.
The paid Grounds Crew position provides the opportunity to learn the aspects of baseball and soccer field maintenance in a professional sports setting. This opportunity will give employees the chance to be heavily involved with the day-to-day preparation of AutoZone Park for both the Memphis Redbirds and Memphis 901 FC. Selected candidates will learn skills such as field conversions for soccer and baseball, mound building, mowing, infield skin maintenance, fertility, equipment maintenance and operation of machinery (forklift, tractor, mower, etc.).
Crew members will be given the opportunity to be hands-on with every aspect of field operations at AutoZone Park and with an excellent work ethic, willingness to learn and extreme attention to detail interns will be more prepared for future opportunities in the sports turf industry.
Must be 18 or older to apply. Job duties and hours worked are subject to change based on applicable COVID-19 restrictions throughout the season. Class schedules and general availability will be discussed during the interview process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist with game day preparation of AutoZone Park- Field preparation, tarp pulls, batting practice, and pre-game set-up for baseball and soccer, field conversions for soccer/baseball, etc.
· Assist with non-game day field preparation.
· Set up of additional events such as concerts and corporate events.
· Assist with Horticultural/Landscaping.
· Conduct yourself in a professional manner and adhere to all AutoZone Park employee policies.
· Respect the privacy of all VIPs, players, and staff of the Memphis Redbirds and Memphis 901 FC.
· Other duties as assigned to successfully host first-class events at AutoZone Park.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
· Willingness to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays as team schedules require
· Excellent communication skills, including the ability to successfully communicate with the public and other employees
· Willingness to learn with a positive attitude
· Willingness to work with an extreme attention to detail
· Ability to handle adversity and maintain professional demeanor through stressful work deadlines
· Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions including extreme heat, cold, and rain
· Ability to stand for long periods of time
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
· Ability to push/pull with hands/arms
· Ability to walk/run during tarp pulls
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Interested applicants can contact Zach Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org