FT Librarian Position at Baptist Health Sciences University Library in Memphis, TN
Librarian – Days – CS Center For Academic Excellence University
Assist groups and individuals in locating and obtaining materials. Furnish information on library activities, facilities, rules, and services. Teach information retrieval and management techniques to undergraduate students, graduate students, and faculty members under the general supervision of the Library Services Supervisor, responsible for shifts equal to 40 hours per week. Incumbents are subject to hours beyond the normal workday.
1. Responsible for providing supporting research and reference services.
2. Ensure accessibility of library resources to faculty, staff and students in all formats in accordance with national and international standards and local requirements.
3. Provide instruction on information retrieval and management techniques to faculty, staff and students.
4.Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to support online programs and courses.
5. Assist the Library Services Supervisor with the managing of library staff.
6. Performs related accountabilities/responsibilities as required or directed.
Requirements, Preferences and Experience
Master’s Degree in Library Science or Information Science from an ALA-accredited program or ability to complete degree program within 6 months of start date.
One or more year of library experience in a hospital or medical/health sciences education setting with direct experience with biomedical and health science library databases.
About Baptist Memorial Health Care
At Baptist, we owe our success to our colleagues, who have both technical expertise and a compassionate attitude. Every day they carry out Christ’s three-fold ministry-healing, preaching and teaching. And, we reward their efforts with compensation and benefits packages that are highly competitive in the Mid-South health care community. For two consecutive years, Baptist has won a Best in Benefits award for offering the best benefit plans compared with their peer groups. Winners are chosen based on plan designs, premiums and the results of a Benefits Benchmarking Survey.
At Baptist, We Offer:
• Competitive salaries
• Paid vacation/time off
• Continuing education opportunities
• Generous retirement plan
• Health insurance, including dental and vision
• Sick leave
• Service awards
• Free parking
• Short-term disability
• Life insurance
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts
• Education assistance/continuing education
• Employee referral program
Position: 2419 – Librarian
Facility: Baptist Health Sciences University
Department: CS Center For Academic Excellence University
Type: Non Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Located in the Memphis metro area
To apply, please visit the Baptist Corporate Careers page (http://careers.baptistonline.org/jobs/), conduct a keyword search for the term “librarian”, and select the “search jobs” button. The position is listed as Librarian-Days-Center for Academic Excellence (job ID: 9500).
Please consider joining our team!