BHJC – Recreation Specialist, Memphis, TN, US
SUMMARY OF POSITION FUNCTIONS:
Organizes and supervises on and off-center student recreation activities.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Organizes and supervises on and off-center recreation activities for students.
• Assists in developing and implementing diverse programs to include: arts and crafts,
intramurals, cultural events and other recreational and enrichment programs.
• Guides student to make informed life style choices concerning fitness, nutrition and healthy
• Prepares schedules and calendars for all recreation activities. Coordinates student field trips.
• Maintains recreation facilities, equipment, and materials to Center standards.
• Tracks and records program attendance.
• Orders and maintains recreational equipment, supplies and materials.
• Provides transportation of students to and from center-sponsored events.
• Recognizes and reinforces student’s positive behavior.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related
duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
• Proven ability to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate recreation programs.
• Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
• Knowledge of operational practices and principles of recreation/avocation programs.
• Proficient in rules and regulations of common sports and games.
• Knowledge of fitness, nutrition, and healthy lifestyle practices.
• Proficient in the use of computer software such as MS Word, Excel and Outlook, etc.
• Associate Degree in Physical Education, Recreation, or a related field or 1-year related
experience working with youth.
• One year of recreation experience.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
• Must possess or obtain commercial Driver’s License Class B with passenger endorsement
within six months of hire. Water Safety Certification
ETR is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, hires individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications and ability to best meet the needs of the organization and our operations.
The Center currently operates under strict CDC COVID-19 protocol
Be advised background and drug screens are required for all positions