COORDINATOR-INTERNSHIP (JOB ID: 3689)
Responsible for identifying, creating, coordinating, and supporting internship opportunities for students attending Baptist Health Sciences University. This individual will collaborate with the Blue Healer Student Success Center staff and identified program chairs to develop internships which provide opportunities relevant to students’ educational endeavor and meet accreditation standards, where possible. The coordinator will communicate with students, faculty, staff, employers and other organization to engage and support the learning opportunities for students. Under the general supervision of the Student Support Services Supervisor.
- Identifies needed internship opportunities in collaboration with the Dean and staff of the Blue Healer Student Success Center, academic deans and Program Chairs.
- Networks and facilitates interactions with students, potential employers, faculty, alumni and staff, for internship opportunities.
- Supports planning, policy development and implementation of academic internships.
- Develops processes to advertise, market, recruit and engage students for non-academic and other healthcare internship programs.
- Develop and maintain a tracking system.
- Supports contracting process for internships, and reviews annually for updates, renewal and improvements.
- Serves as a liaison to BMHCC in educational and potential employment endeavors.
- Performs related accountabilities/responsibilities as required or directed.
Requirements, Preferences and Experience
Education: Baccalaureate degree in management or other related degree or educational equivalent.
Experience: Customer service, analytical, and problem solving skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proven attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness. Higher education experience preferred. Technically competent and proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.