This page includes community information on COVID-19. For information about alterations to library services, please visit our Library Services and COVID-19 page HERE.
The vaccine is being rolled out in phases. The Tennessee COVID-19 Vaccination Plan includes information on each phase (included in Section III Phased Approach to COVID-19 Vaccination).
Phases are managed on a county by county basis. View the County Phase Status to see Shelby County’s current phase.
For more information on the vaccine, please visit:
Main public health sites
These sites provide data on COVID-19, testing sites, suggestions on prevention, and more:
covid-19 info for children and teens
- Coronavirus: A Book for Children: a free PDF book by Candlewick Press
- Coronavirus Facts for Kids: a flyer developed by the UT Health Science Center.
- Just for Kids, a Comic Exploring the New Coronavirus: developed by NPR (also available in Spanish and Chinese).
- Learn about the Coronavirus Coloring Book: developed by St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- My Hero is You, how kids can fight COVID-19: a downloadable PDF book developed by the Inter-Agency Standing Committee Reference Group on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Emergency Settings (available in multiple languages).
- Virus: an educational comic: A comic exploring the sci-fi-inspired world of a cell as it undergoes protein synthesis. Find out what happens when a Viral Genome hijacks the cell for its own nefarious purposes.
- Shelby County Emergency Financial Assistance Programs – an overview of all programs
- City of Memphis Office of Business Diversity & Compliance Small Business Stabilization Grant Program
- Memphis Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Business Resources
- Memphis SCORE
- National Council of Nonprofits COVID-19 Info
- Tennessee Community CARES Program for Tennessee Non-profits
- Tennessee Dept. of Economic & Community Development Small Business Resources
- Tennessee Small Business Development Center (TSBDC) Coronavirus
- U.S. Small Business Administration Coronavirus Guidance and Loan Resources
personal financial assistance
- City of Memphis/MIFA CARES Act Utility Assistance
- Community Services Agency (rent/mortgage, utility, prescription assistance)
- Greater Memphis Financial Empowerment Center (Financial Counseling)
- EveryoneOn (Find Low-Cost Internet Service and Computers in Your Area)
- Federal Trade Commission – Coronavirus Scam Info
- IRS – Economic Impact Payments (stimulus checks)
- Tennessee Dept. of Human Services – Emergency Cash Assistance
- Tennessee Dept. of Labor and Workforce Development – Reemployment Assistance/Unemployment
- Welcome Home Memphis – Information for housing assistance.
more community information
- LINC/2-1-1 Community Information Database
- (Dial 2-1-1 for more information)
Visit our Library Services and COVID-19 for updates on library services, library card questions, virtual programming, and more.