Memphis Public Libraries now offers Curbside Pickup. Here is how it works:
select your items
- You can place holds with our Catalog or you can call us to check the shelf and we’ll place it on hold for you.
- If you place a hold on the catalog, please wait to receive an automated notice that your item is ready to be picked up.
- Once you have received notice that your items are available for pick-up, please call the branch to schedule a pick-up time. For Central, please call (901) 415-2702.
- Hours of pick-up are limited to:
- Benjamin L. Hooks Central Library: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm; 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm, M-F
- Branches: 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm, M-F
park in a designated spot and call us
- We’ll have signs directing you to the appropriate parking spots. Once there, you will see a sign with a telephone number.
- Call that number to let us know that you’re here and we will deliver the items to your car.
show library card or id
- Once we have arrived to your vehicle, show your Library Card or ID through your window.
- Items with checkout fees are not available for checkout via curbside pickup.
- Curbside pickup is limited to 10 items.
- If you have items to return, Curbside pickup staff will direct you to the book drops so that items can be properly quarantined.