Craigen’s Garage, LLC is a family-owned business delivering honest and professional automotive repair and maintenance services. Craigen’s Garage LLC is a certified NAPA AutoCare Center, we are able to provide the benefits of an established national entity while maintaining the personal touch of a family-owned business. We are currently recruiting for an Automotive Technician. This is a full-time position with excellent benefits.
The Automotive Technician is responsible for performing routine repairs, diagnostics, and maintenance on vehicles, including brake and hydraulic, exhaust, primary and/or advanced fuel ignition and electrical, suspension and alignment, air conditioning and computer systems. The technician must be able to think quickly and accurately, work well with their hands, and have vast knowledge of different car makes and models.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Diagnose and repair to specifications – brake and hydraulic, exhaust, primary and/or advanced fuel ignition and electrical, suspension and alignment.
- Adequately explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and customers on an as-required basis.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Assist fellow technicians/mechanics in performing technical activities.
- Maintain an organized and neat bay.
- Adhere to all company policy, procedure, safety and environmental rules.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
- High school diploma/GED required
- ASE Certification preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of auto technician experience
- Knowledge of diagnostic tools and equipment preferred
- Ability to operate all auto repair tools
Tow Truck Operator
The duties of a tow truck operator consist of communicating with a dispatcher, driving to the scene of an accident or breakdown, connecting the vehicle to the tow truck, and transporting it back to the Shop or Dealership. The driver will be responsible for attaching the disabled vehicle to the tow truck. Depending on the type of tow truck, this may include using a chain, winch, and steering locks.
Drivers will interact with customers, speaking to them about their automotive problems, potentially diagnosing the cause, and providing necessary assistance. As such, a tow truck operator will need to be able to communicate well and will need to have a basic knowledge of cars and automotive parts. Many tow truck drivers will perform small repairs on the scene of a breakdown such as changing tires, reconnecting parts, or jumpstarting the car. Some familiarity with automotive maintenance and repair may be required, but most of it can be learned on the job. The driver will also have to write up reports of services rendered and accept payments.
Job Qualifications and Compensation:
Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and a clear driving record.
- Must possess a clean background with no felonies within the past 7 years and be able to pass a drug test.
- Must be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Must have Class D driver license or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of being hired.
- Must have a minimum of two years experience as a tow truck or automotive repair preferred.
- Must be able to work full time, have flexible hours.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays and be able to work any shift.
- Have verifiable towing experience.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills and be able to work together as a team.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
Qualified applicants should email their resume to: Craigensgarage1710@gmail.com or apply in person at Craigen’s Garage at 1710 Holly Springs Road, Hernando, MS 38632.