Five years in Job Corps Management preferred, other managerial experience considered; five years’ experience working with adolescents/young adults.
Days/Hours: 40 hours per week. 5 days a week.
· Plans, organizes, administers and measures work activities performed by the CDSS department.
· Supervises all employment activities, including recruitment, testing, reference checking and related employment matters.
· Ensures approved curriculum is being taught in career preparation training and assigns and supervises staff in areas of responsibility.
· Promotes a positive Job Corps image and increases awareness in the community.
· Develops referral sources through agency and community outreach and promotes job development through direct contact with employers, One-Stops, WIA, and state employment agencies.
· Monitors the delivery of personal and career counseling.
· Audits counseling case notes and folders quarterly.
· Analyzes CPP surveys and adjusts CPP as needed.
· Provides assignees with assessment of and assistance with placement readiness.
· Works to retain students on Center.
· Uses the MPO30, MPO32, OMS 20 and OMS20p to analyze data, identify performance trends and implement corrective actions as needed.
· Promotes teamwork between students and staff and interdepartmental teamwork among staff.
· Monitors area of responsibility to ensure timely and high-quality services.
· Works toward meeting performance management goals.
· Follows CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system daily.
· Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulations, Job Corps notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
· Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with safety practices.
· Holds regular staff meetings at least twice a month with managers, documents meetings and submits documentation to the Center Director and VP of Job Corps Operations.
· Attends both OMS and MPO weekly meetings to assist in center OMS performance.
· Creates systems and structure to ensure long-term retention of all students.
· Conducts quarterly audits of case notes and ESPs. Develops corrective action plan as needed.
· Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success Standards.
· Helps students become more employable through continuous reinforcement.
· Evaluates personnel under his/her management and makes recommendations regarding disciplinary actions, promotions, and/or merit increases.
· Participates in PRH mandated staff training. Failure to participate may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Performs other duties as assigned.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATIONS:
A valid Driver’s License is required.
Interested applicants may forward a resume and appropriate credentials to:
Finch-Henry Job Corps Center
Attn: Human Resources