Responsible for a professional level of student support and performance of duties necessary for an orderly operation of the dormitory program. Responsible for the supervision of students to ensure a safe and secure environment.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required (including 15 semester hours of instruction in social work, human services or psychology or related instruction)
Experience: One year of counseling or related experience.
Days/Hours: 40 hours per week/ 5 day a week
· Ensures orderly, clean living conditions by scheduling and supervising clean up and submitting repair requests.
· Provides supervision for the cafeteria, laundry, special activities (on and off Center) and other areas of the program as scheduled or assigned.
· Identifies and assists students in handling special problems and conducts dormitory meetings.
· Maintains communication with students’ counselors, instructors, and with other staff members.
· Attends staff in-service training sessions and other training or meetings as directed.
· Establishes a close working relationship with students, dealing justly and impartially regardless of their ability, achievement or background, and works to motivate them toward goals.
· Initiates and directs dormitory programs, utilizing Center services and activities to benefit students.
· Follows all non-health standing orders.
· Transports students to various activities and events as needed.
· Maintains an environment wherein students and staff feel safe and secure.
· Maintains electronic logs as directed and authorized that show activity during shift.
· Ensures case notes and other entries in CIS are accurate and up-to-date.
· Secures students personal property/items when a student is absent for 72 hours; all items are to be placed in property and logged.
· Submits time sheets according to Center policy.
· Assists and trains student leaders per Center policy.
· Participates in intramural programs.
· Ensures students meet their evening schedule.
· Provides support for safety and security on Center.
· Ensures that buildings are secure and clean at all times.
· Conducts periodic checks and maintains order and discipline in his/her assigned dorm.
· Completes ESPs and PCDPs and monitors students’ progress to assist them with completion.
· Works towards meeting performance management goals.
· Completes PCDPs/ESPs for assigned students to ensure they are progressing in the program.
· Ensures that Casenotes are updated at least monthly to include progress from all areas.
· Follows the CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system daily.
· Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulations, Job Corps notices and bulletins and Center policies and procedures.
· Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success Standards.
· Helps students become more employable through continuous reinforcement.
· Participates in PRH mandated staff training. Failure to participate may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATIONS:
A valid Regular Driver License is required.
Interested applicants may forward a resume and appropriate credentials to:
Finch-Henry Job Corps Center
Attn: Human Resources
Visit our website at https://serratocorp.com