The Drop-In Center is designed to provide free, temporary, short-term childcare for the students of The Excel Center until regular childcare is located. The Drop-In Center is available when students are studying on site or are in class and will serve children up to age 12. A child may stay at the Drop-In Center for a maximum of 4 hours.
The Childcare Attendant assists in ensuring the safety and care management of all the children entrusted to the Drop-In Center. This means monitoring children in the center, serving snacks, and facilitating learning opportunities for the children while in their care. Additionally, the Attendant will assist in keeping parents informed of policies and procedures.
• High School Diploma preferred and continuing education in Child Development, Early Childhood Education or related field.
• 1 year experience in a childcare setting.
• Coursework/training in Early Childhood Development preferred.
• Child/infant CPR certified or willing to obtain.
• Basic knowledge of MS Office Products and the Internet.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must possess excellent customer service skills.
• Flexible, energetic, and detail oriented.
• Have the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to resolve conflicts.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Must be able to pass required background screening including criminal background, abuse registry and felony, sex offender, and drug screen.
• Flexible to work within a 7AM- 8PM work schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitates hands-on interactive learning experiences working with children directly.
• Assists in the registration process of children.
• Updates and ensures accuracy of student files.
• Maintains regular communication with parents regarding services, enrollment, scheduling or routine changes, and special events for the child(ren).
• Assists in achieving of short- and long-term goals for the Drop In Center.
• Contributes ideas for the development and facilitates the execution of the curriculum and program activities.
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information.
• Ability to work independently and manage time in a high-energy work environment.
• Ability to maintain a positive, friendly attitude as well as a clean, neat appearance.
Benefits: Medical. Vision, Dental after 60 day probationary period.