Open Jobs- https://www.goodwillmemphis.org/job-opportunities
Under supervision of the Assistant to the CEO; the Maintenance Technician will perform a variety of semi-skilled construction, maintenance, modification and repair activities across all MGI, MGII and GECM operations. The incumbent will perform general maintenance work to include sheet rock installation and repair, painting, plumbing, electrical and carpentry work. Additional responsibilities include repair of machines, equipment, or structures, using tools such as hammers, saws, drills, wrenches, or equipment such as precision measuring instruments or electrical or electronic testing devices.
1. Perform general maintenance work to include plumbing, electrical and carpentry work.
2. Repair machines, equipment, or structures, using tools such as hammers, saws, drills, wrenches, or equipment such as precision measuring instruments or electrical or electronic testing devices.
3. Assemble, install, or repair wiring, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, or equipment.
4. Adjust functional parts of devices or control instruments, using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, or straightedges.
5. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Considerable physical activity involved. Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds. Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of job.
Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
Work environment involves situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
Work is performed in both indoor and outdoor environments and in varying climate conditions.
1. Ability to understand complex written and verbal instruction.
2. Ability to effectively communicate with internal customers.
3. Ability to be productive in a team environment.
1. High School Diploma.
2. Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
3. Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures.
4. Experience and knowledge of general plumbing, electrical and carpentry processes and tools.
5. Ability to read and follow equipment manuals.
6. Must possess and maintain a valid Driver License.