Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis
Habitat for Humanity is pledged to the letter and spirit of the U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer.
Position: Construction Project Manager
Full-time, Memphis, TN
Salary Range: Starting at $48,000 based on experience
The Construction Project Manager oversees new house construction utilizing subcontractors and
volunteers. The CPM will also perform property site inspections, initiate and manage sub-contractor
work, and conducts final inspections for various repair programs such as Aging in Place and
Roles & Responsibilities
• Trains house leaders, crew leaders and volunteers under the direction of Construction Operations
Manager and/or Senior Construction Project Manager.
• Prepares job site for build day and ensures required tools and material are distributed and
organized on site before and after each build day.
• Communicates effectively and creates an environment for a successful experience with
homebuyers, donors, volunteers and subcontractors.
• Evaluates and implements good safety practices and constantly stresses same with house leaders
• Identifies volunteer jobs/needs not currently filled and communicates needs to Construction
Operations Manager and/or Senior Construction Project Manager.
• Supervises warranty complaints and repairs as assigned.
• Three years’ knowledge and experience in construction/contracting business required (or related
• High School Diploma or GED
• Experience managing and supervising others preferred
• Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and automobile liability insurance coverage
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday based on the needs of
the business. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. The employee must
be able to lift and/or move items that weighs 75 pounds with assistance.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of
the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include the position title in the subject line
of the email. No Phone calls please.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be
contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to meet employment verification
requirements, pass pre-employment screenings, background checks, and sex offender registry checks.
About Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis
Habitat for Humanity’s vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live, and since 1983, Habitat for Humanity of
Greater Memphis has been working to realize that vision in Shelby County. Memphis Habitat partners with people in our
community to help them build or improve places they can call home through new home construction, rehabilitation work and
Aging in Place home modifications for seniors. Our employees enjoy a relaxed work environment and a real opportunity to
make a difference in our community.