Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis
Habitat for Humanity is pledged to the letter and spirit of the U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and
support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap,
familial status, or national origin. Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer.
Position: Mortgage Loan Specialist
Full time| Memphis, TN
Salary Range: Starting at $48,700
The Mortgage Loan Specialist is responsible for identifying and qualifying prospective families for Memphis
Habitat’s homebuyer program. This positon is responsible for processing mortgages for families from pre-qualifying to closing. The Mortgage Services Manager will also provide training and counseling to families in all
pertinent areas, to include family support, financial/homeowner education, budget counseling and any activity
that supports the partner family to successfully transition to homeownership.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Manages the loan processing and assists in closing process.
• Prepares loan to present to the Family Selection Committee and Board for approval.
• Maintains QLO certification and knowledge, understanding, and compliance of all state and federal
regulatory laws and policies such as Dodd, RESPA, Fair Housing, and Equal Credit Opportunity laws to insure
that those laws and policies are appropriately applied.
• Ensures internal systems are established and maintained in order to provide appropriate control and
compliance with established mortgage policies, procedures and standards.
• Delivers education programs and homebuyer counseling to prepare participants for transition to
homeownership which includes, but is not limited to, Neighborhood Works and THDA training.
• Maintain Sweat Equity Program
• Flexible and willing to perform other duties as assigned
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, based on the needs of the business.
Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
• Five years of experience in mortgage origination/ underwriting or servicing. Requires HUD certified financial
literacy instructor or other certified housing counselor designation.
• Preferred B.S. degree in a Social Sciences field, Finance, or Business Administration
• Experience with Excel, Google Sheets, MS Office, and Salesforce or mortgage database program
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the
position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include the position title in the subject line of the
email. No Phone calls please.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to meet employment verification requirements, pass preemployment screenings, background checks, and sex offender registry checks.
Habitat for Humanity’s vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live, and since 1983, Habitat for Humanity of Greater
Memphis has been working to realize that vision in Shelby County. Memphis Habitat partners with people in our community to help them
build or improve places they can call home through new home construction, rehabilitation work and Aging in Place home modifications
for seniors. Our employees enjoy a relaxed work environment and a real opportunity to make a difference in our community.