Position: Development Manager – Individuals & Corporations
Salary Range: Starting at $50,000, based on experience Full time| Memphis, TN
The Development Manager – Individuals and Corporations will expand Memphis Habitat’s donor base,
diversifying funding across individual giving and corporate support. Reporting to the Director of Development,
this position will execute strategic fundraising program initiatives, campaigns, and events that will strengthen
our current individuals and corporate partnerships, while increasing new partnerships that will sustain Memphis
Habitat’s annual giving.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Execute fundraising appeals to grow individual giving, corporate partnerships, and small private foundation
• Work with staff to establish and maintain a work plan and timeline, including segmenting donors, creating
mail lists and ask levels, making follow-up phone calls, tracking all gifts, writing thank you notes, and issuing
donor acknowledgment letters.
• Collaborate with the Director of Development and Marketing and Communications Team to develop
materials for corporate sponsorship packages and to secure in-kind donations.
• Collaborate with Volunteer Engagement Manager on annual volunteer build site projects, including theme
builds, overseeing the program from conception to evaluation, fundraising, audience identification, etc.
• Provide support during events and community engagement activities, with particular attention to donors.
• Continue to develop knowledge of fundraising best practices through membership in the Association of
Fundraising Professionals and attendance at professional development events and trainings.
Education & Work Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in related field with 5 years of fundraising experience, or 9 years of fundraising experience
in the nonprofit sector.
• Strong organizational skills; well disciplined; able to work under the pressure of multiple, concurrent
priorities; and meet deadlines. Project management certification a plus.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the
position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include the position title in the subject line of the
email. No phone calls please. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for
interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to meet employment
verification requirements, pass pre-employment screenings, background checks, and sex offender registry