Position: Sr. Development Manager – Major Gifts
Salary Range: Starting at $60,000, based on experience Full time| Memphis, TN
The Sr. Development Manager – Major Gifts will expand Memphis Habitat’s donor base, diversifying funding across individual giving and corporate support. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Sr. Development Manager – Major Gifts will serve as a vital development team member. They will ensure that all fundraising and communications activities for major donors ($5,000 and up) are utilizing best practices in reaching ambitious fundraising goals and providing excellent stewardship for donors.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build and manage the major donor prospect list, ensure that information is being tracked on a timely basis, and that progress toward goals is tracked and monitored.
- Assist with donor screening to help identify new major donor prospects, and manage the screening process and input of data.
- Identify and track new prospects through referrals, research and outreach.
- Develop a donor portfolio of 50-100 donors with the potential of making a major gift (audience identification, etc.).
- Help implement the campaign plan, including special fundraising strategies, initiatives, and appeals to meet campaign goals.
- Ensure that proposals, solicitation materials and other campaign materials are prepared and submitted in a timely and accurate fashion to campaign volunteers.
- Help prep volunteers and staff for solicitation calls, including preparing donor packets.
- Encourage and support volunteers on a timely and ongoing basis.
- Collaborate with Development Coordinator to schedule Campaign Steering Committee meetings.
- Collaborate with the Director of Development on creating and managing a campaign dashboard that tracks major campaign data points.
- Assist with planning specific fundraising and cultivation events as part of the phases of the Campaign.
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Non-Profit Management and 10 years of fundraising experience, or 14 years of fundraising experience, including proposal writing, prospect development, project management, and donor stewardship.
- Demonstrated experience with fundraising and management of donor portfolios of five- and six-figure gifts.
- Strong organizational skills; well disciplined; able to work under the pressure of multiple, concurrent priorities; and meet deadlines. Project management certification a plus.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and encourage others.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include the position title in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to meet employment verification requirements, pass pre-employment screenings, background checks, and sex offender registry checks.