JOB TITLE: Talent Sourcer and Recruiter
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
SALARY RANGE: $70,000 – $75,000 annually
JOB FUNCTION: The Talent Sourcer and Recruiter has a dual role within the Recruiting team. The primary focus is to create liaisons within the community to build talent pipelines and create programs that will fill the hiring needs pipeline, but will also perform some standard recruiting duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with CHRO and the HRBP to achieve strategic recruiting plan goals and objectives by creating, organizing, and supporting initiatives of the overall talent acquisition process and recruiting activities. Is laser-focused on making a bottom-line contribution to the Company.
- Consults with hiring managers to quickly understand the positions to be filled and profiles of ideal candidates.
- Creates an active plan and strategy to create a pipeline of candidates for all open positions, especially hard-to-fill or high-volume positions. Sets an expectation of getting there first and fast and becoming a superior force in the war for talent.
- As part of the dual nature of the responsibilities of the position will source, recruit, screen, and recommend candidates for interviews for various open positions by reviewing and assessing applicants’ education, experience, training, and related qualifications.
- Will create and maintain a roster of community partners including agencies, businesses, the faith community, D&I organizations, and City and County government, with whom we can liaise to help the Company’s recruiting efforts and supply pipelines of candidates.
- Acts as the liaison with company hiring partners, including employment agencies, temp agencies, trade schools, and community and city agencies by developing and maintaining an excellent relationship with all agencies for assistance with posting and sourcing for company staffing needs. Will create and maintain a veteran hiring outreach.
- Develops and implements, through frequent video or in-person networking or through recruiting e-mail correspondence, etc., a plan of frequent communication and interaction. Uses traditional and non-traditional resources such as career fairs, community network events and onsite events to find good candidates.
- Promotes the Company as an employer of choice and seeks referrals from current employees, as well as external networks. Identifies passive candidates, as well as looking for active candidates.
- Investigates and determines the feasibility of potential hiring programs through trade schools, community colleges, community agencies, etc. and works with all stakeholders and decision makers to implement those that will aid in securing candidates.
- Produces or liaises with the CCO and team on production of recruiting ads for use by hiring partners and for internal posting use by CCO for social media, website and local news media.
- Is responsible for the end-to-end recruitment process for various assigned positions, working with the recruiting team.
- Partners closely and effectively with hiring managers to analyze and determine hiring needs, both present and future, and develops short and long-term plans and strategies to meet those needs.
- Coordinates the job posting and hiring process with the recruiting team.
- Assists department Directors with the hiring process for assigned positions by screening applicant resumes and providing those to the department Directors for next steps.
- Identifies qualified candidate profiles using various sourcing techniques and interacts with potential candidates on social media and professional networks.
- Coordinates interview scheduling for assigned jobs with the recruiting team.
- Ensures offers are presented and that candidates are kept warm until they start, communicating important employment information during the offer process, such as benefits.
- Will cross train to assist with new hire orientation.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Should be able to understand, interpret and implement applicable portions of the labor agreement.
- Will share responsibility to updates and standardize job descriptions and interview guides for position-specific needs.
- Each year reviews the capabilities and limitations of the current Applicant Tracking System with a mind to best fit for Company needs and to best utilize technology.
- Maintains a talent pool of previous candidates for future openings. Recognizes when candidates may be able to fill a different vacancy. Recruits passive candidates as part of the talent pool.
- Remains current on laws and regulations, industry trends, current practices and development and applicable HR laws. Engages in training through both internal and external sources such as webinars, online training or in-person courses.
- Required to handle own filing of documents in the absence of any clerical support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field preferred. Overall experience may be considered in lieu of advanced education.
- SHRM-CP or PHR designation is desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in recruiting and a proven track record in developing community partnerships for recruiting purposes as a Talent Sourcer or similar.
- Experience in the transportation industry is a plus.
- Must have demonstrated superior oral and written skills and be able to communicate effectively and appropriately with co-workers, the public and other stakeholders as well as at all levels of the organization, including the Board of Commissioners.
- Forms relationships quickly; is naturally inquisitive. Has high energy. Demonstrated team player but also self-motivated when working alone.
- Has experience and success in using social media beyond LinkedIn, FB, Twitter and Instagram to find candidates and with sourcing techniques such as crafting Boolean search strings.
- Has worked with and in ATSs, HR data bases and HRMSs and employer review sites such as Glassdoor. Is knowledgeable about cutting edge technology options (such as mobile recruitment) that are available and how they may better serve recruiting needs. Has a basic understanding of the use of AI in recruiting functions.
- Has demonstrated a solid understanding and use of data and analytics from ATS systems to drive recruiting strategies and actions to produce results. Uses data to predict future needs and identify trends in retention and produces various monthly reports for Executive Leadership use.
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office Suite to create various Word documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Must have a proven ability to handle all internal and external customers or stakeholders with courtesy, diplomacy and tact. Displays a service-oriented attitude. Must demonstrate willingness and ability to provide world class customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Is goal-oriented, self-motivated and able to manage multiple priorities and excel in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. Has strong time management skills, is highly organized and able to manage workload to accomplish dual recruiting duties.
- Is able to manage and complete complex work and projects successfully and on time.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable City, State and Federal laws.
- Must be able to maintain utmost confidentiality.
- Must be willing to comply with the company’s Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required. Work times may vary based on recruiting activities which may result in weekend or evening work requirements.
- Must always comply with safety and COVID protocols.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.