Job Title: Test Technician
Reports To: Lab Manager
Conduct performance and compliance testing on Hunter products
including but not limited to; ceiling fans, and fan controls. The scope
of these tests will range from R & D testing to UL testing to ensure
Hunter products are safe and reliable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Under the direction of the lab manager, will conduct electrical and
mechanical tests on a wide variety of Hunter Fan Products. In
addition, may run tests on competitive products.
• Conduct air delivery tests on ceiling
• Will set up and conduct life tests on any Hunter product as directed.
• Must be well organized and have the ability to read and interpret
technical documents such as UL standards.
• Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings. Should
have the ability to fabricate parts from the drawings.
• Familiar with and have the ability to use basic hand tools and
• Confers with engineering, technical and compliance personnel to
resolve testing problems such as product or system malfunctions,
incomplete test data and data interpretation.
• Sufficient knowledge of schematics and wiring diagrams and the
ability to interpret circuit functions.
• AA degree preferred
• 3-5 years of test experience or related work experience
Special qualifications or skills
• Must have ETL certification as an approved tester or the ability to
obtain certification within six months of hire date.
• Physical Demands- must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Analytical- synthesizes complex or diverse information
• Problem Solving- identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
• Technical skills- strives to continuously build knowledge and skills;
shares expertise with others
• Willing to further machining skills through classes if needed.
• Language skills- ability to read and interpret documents such as
operational standards, safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine
reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before
groups of customers or employees of organization
• Mathematical skills- ability to work with math concepts such as
probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and
solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as
fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical
• Reasoning ability- ability to solve practical problems and deal with
a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited
standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions
furnished to written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Computer skills- software proficiencies will include the Microsoft
• Machining skills – ability or willingness to learn to use a vertical
mill, lathe, welder, and CNC router.
Pay: $45,000 – $55,000
Schedule: Tuesday – Friday
Hours: 7am – 5:30pm
Please visit https://www.hunterfan.com/pages/careers to apply.