|Category:Media – Journalism – Newspaper
Oversees sales management activities in one or multiple stations.
Have you considered working for the #1 Audio Company, not just in Memphis or even Tennessee but, in the entire country? iHeartMedia is the #1 Audio Company in the US reaching 9 out of 10 Americans every month!
You know iHeart for our amazing concerts and podcasts as well as our national and local personalities like – The Breakfast Club, mornings on 971 WHRK, Mike Evans on KJMS V101, Bobby OJay on WDIA, Ben Ferguson on News Talk WREC and many more! iHeartMedia Memphis is looking for dynamic professionals to join our team! Have a sense of what it takes to win? If you want to grow your career, can move at the speed of light and still have fun – Well then, we want to talk to you. Being the #1 Audio Company in the country, we offer much more than radio advertising! As a Senior Vice President of Sales with iHeartMedia you have the capability to lead a team of Account Executives to sell the most innovative and inclusive broadcast and digital marketing tools. You’ll have all of these tools at your fingertips to sell locally from the Memphis Metropolitan Area plus you’ll be able to represent over 160 markets across the country representing over 850 diverse iHeartMedia radio stations.
- Manages local Account Executives with goal of meeting/exceeding station revenue, prospecting and new business targets.
- Oversees advertising sales activities in assigned market; is accountable for achieving/ exceeding targeted advertising sales revenues for the market and for controlling sales expenses.
- Drives results through others, manages team performance and holds team accountable against business metrics.
- Translates market and station business strategies into specific actions to generate sales and revenue.
- Directs sales activities and processes that generate new business and deepen existing relationships.
- Sets sales goals and guides subsequent goal-setting processes.
- Prepares budgets and revenue forecasts.
- Obtains, allocates and adjusts operations resources to achieve sales and service goals.
- Oversees management of available advertising inventory to drive most profitable sales.
- Meets with key accounts.
- Recruits, hires and ensures ongoing training and development of Account Executives.
- Goes on sales calls and conducts in-field coaching to develop Account Executives.
- May review and adjust sales territories, product mix targets and assigned call lists.
- May direct other functions such as marketing, advertising, production, traffic and sales operations.
- Strong understanding of broadcasting, marketing, promotion, and collection standards
- Proven ability to grow new business and find new revenue opportunities
- Excellent leadership and coaching ability; can successfully coach others in sales practices
- Deep understanding of local markets, customers, and competitors in order to target needs and drive sales
- Can create productive, long-term customer relationships.
- Adept as entrepreneurial self-starter
- Excellent ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task
- Can push self and others to achieve and excel in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Excellent business and people decision-making skills
- Can model positive energy and handle stress in the face of challenges, deadlines and financial pressures
- Flexibility and creativity
- Excellent communication and influencing skills across multiple groups
- Excellent interpersonal skills and collaboration with others
- 3+ years’ experience as an Account Executive or Sales Manager in media industry with proven track record of success
- 4-year college degree preferred
Memphis, TN: 2650 Thousand Oaks Boulevard, Suite 4100, 38118
iHeartMedia’s benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
- Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options
- Company provided and supplemental life insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid company holidays, including a floating holiday that enable our employees to celebrate the holiday of their choosing
- A Spirit day to encourage and allow our employees to more easily volunteer in their community
- A 401K plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost – services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
- A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Some positions in certain divisions of the iHeartMedia family of companies are subject to mandatory vaccination requirements as a condition of employment. Candidates who have been offered employment for these positions at iHeartMedia, subject to applicable law, will be required to demonstrate they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation from the vaccination requirement by their start date (which may be extended for such purposes). If the aforementioned requirements are not met, candidates who have accepted offers for such positions will have their offers rescinded and/or employment terminated in accordance with applicable law.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Click Here to learn about the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.