Safety Coordinator Summary
Primarily responsible for executing safety compliance across the spectrum of activities within the company. Ensures safety compliance with OSHA, MSHA and other construction industry standards.
Safety Coordinator Responsibilities
- Monitor daily activities for compliance with OSHA, MSHA and traffic safety rules and policy.
- Identify and correct safety deficiencies in the field.
- Perform audits and evaluations of job activities.
- Responsible for accident investigations, including after action reviews (AAR).
- Advise and educate employees on various safety-related topics.
- Document worker’s compensation claims.
- Set up a new employee onboarding process for safety.
- Conduct risk assessments and mitigation strategies.
Safety Coordinator Requirements
- Must be at least 18 year’s of age
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record; reliable transportation
- 1-3 years of experience as a Safety Coordinator or similar experience
- Formal safety training in OSHA 30 and 510, preferred
- Excellent knowledge of potentially hazardous practices
- Experience producing reports and documentation
- Experience with writing policies and procedures for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- CHST, GSP, ASP preferred