Starting Pay: $18 hr. On the job training! Must be able to meet requirements
Construction and Traffic Control Worker Responsibilities
- Assist with the road construction project such as raking and shoveling asphalt.
- Be able to set up cones, barrels, signs, temporary barricades and other traffic control and safety devices; as well as the loading & unloading and care & maintenance of these devices.
- Must be able to safely flag and direct traffic.
- Assist with the placement, movement and dismantling of signs, barricades, cones and other traffic control and safety devices.
- Follow directions of foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific job site. Be able to work with leaders, managers, state DOT inspectors, auditors, and officials.
- Work collaboratively as a team with foreman, fellow crew members and management.
Construction and Traffic Control Worker Requirements
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be authorized to work anywhere in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Must pass a “fit-for-duty” physical exam and full panel drug screen
- Valid unrestricted driver’s license required and reliable transportation.
- Willingness and ability to work varied schedules day, night, and/or weekend that meet Lehman-Roberts Company’s customer needs.
- Willingness to work outdoors in extreme conditions.
- Must be able to understand job instructions, communicate with supervisors and employees and work as a team.
Work Conditions/ Physical Requirements
- Level asphalt/aggregate to grade specifications using rakes, shovels, and trowels.
- Dig, spread, level, and remove construction materials. May require to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Lift, carry and hold materials, tools, and supplies. Walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Accurately and regularly complete site checks and monitor traffic behavior and/or flow to ensure that safety is always maintained.
- Be alert and aware of everything going on around the construction area, consistently following safe work practices
- Be able to tolerate a loud environment
- Be able to follow and comprehend road traffic diagrams, regulations, and instructions
- During the course of duties the traffic control technician may be subject to verbal abuse from motorists, and are expected to act in a professional manner and not permit themselves to be provoked. The public must be treated with respect