Starting Pay: $20 hr.
Front-End Loader Responsibilities
- Properly follow all OSHA regulations and company Safety Program requirements to ensure safe working procedures and a safe working environment.
- Operate all heavy equipment in a safe and efficient way according to policies and procedures
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks and advise the supervisor of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
- Clean heavy equipment as scheduled and/or required and ensure heavy equipment is safely and securely stored
- Maintain inventory
- Perform regular maintenance on asphalt plant and field operations equipment, including climbing ladders and working at heights up to 75 feet as well as carrying objects up to 75 lbs. for approximately 20 feet.
- Must be capable of fast-paced feeding of aggregates into bins and pushing up materials.
- Follow instructions from foremen, leaders, managers, state DOT inspectors, auditors and officials.
- Follow directions of foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific job site.
- Work collaboratively as a team with foreman, fellow crew members and management.
Front-End Loader Requirements
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be authorized to work anywhere in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Must pass a “fit-for-duty” physical exam and full panel drug screen.
- Valid unrestricted driver’s license required.
- Travel between plants in West TN and North MS- Byhalia, MS, Memphis, TN and Hernando, MS as needed
- Minimum of 2-Years of experience operating a front-end loader, preferred
- Must have working knowledge of basic equipment maintenance.
- Willingness and ability to work varied schedules day, night, and/or weekend that meet Lehman-Roberts Company’s customer needs.
- Willingness to work outdoors in extreme conditions, including hot, cold, high noise levels, and able to sit/ stand 8-12 hours in the extreme conditions.
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
Work Conditions/ Physical Requirements
- Climb in and out, on and off equipment.
- Lift, carry and hold heavy materials, tools, and supplies on and off equipment.
- Climb ladders and work at heights up to 75 ft. on platforms with guard rails.
- Carrying objects up to 75 lbs. for approximately 20 feet.
- Repetitive shoveling/raking/sweeping material
- Travel between North MS and West TN
- Combination of sit, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Accurately and regularly complete site checks and monitor traffic behavior and/or flow to ensure that safety is always maintained.
- Be alert and aware of everything going on around the construction area, consistently following safe work practices.
- Be able to tolerate a loud environment.