Assistant Maintenance Superintendent Review
The Assistant Maintenance Superintendent role is a key member of the Production & Manufacturing Division supporting the enterprise by assisting the Maintenance Superintendent with managing the Maintenance Shop and field maintenance processes: asphalt and wash plant maintenance and repair planning/scheduling, employee hiring, and training while effectively and efficiently overseeing the safety of personnel and quality of workmanship. The Assistant Maintenance Superintendent role requires organization, goal orientated, self-directed, with the ability to handle the supervision of several employees and contractors spread over multiple sites with minimal supervision or supplied information.
Assistant Maintenance Superintendent Responsibilities
- Ensure that safe working conditions are being maintained during maintenance/repairs at plant sites, and coordinate with onsite supervisor, manager, lead, contractors, etc. to promptly correct safety violations found during regular inspections.
- Ensure that safe working conditions are being maintained in and around the Maintenance Shop, and coordinate with onsite supervisor, lead, contractors, etc. to promptly correct safety violations found during regular inspections.
- Ensure that daily safety meetings are being held and participate in at least one per week.
- Assist with coordination of daily/weekly maintenance and repair schedules with efficient placement of personnel to perform prioritized tasks.
- Assist in the annual planning and management of the winter maintenance process.
- Assist in overseeing the Maintenance Shop including task management, inventory management, and work order process.
- Assist with special projects such as erection of new plants and plant equipment.
- Participation and leadership within our companies’ Continuous Improvement and Safety Initiative Programs.
Assistant Maintenance Superintendent Requirements
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D certification
- Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
- 8+ years of plant maintenance experience
- 5+ years of progressive leadership
- Familiarity with asphalt and wash plant equipment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products – specifically Outlook, Word and Excel
- Must be able to commute to Memphis, TN and eventually Hernando, MS
Highly Preferred Experience, Education and Qualifications
- 10+ years of plant maintenance experience
- 8+ years of progressive leadership
- College degree preferred