Starting Pay: $19 hr. based on experience
Asphalt QualityTechnician Summary:
The Quality Control Inspector role is a key member of the Quality Control Division responsible for asphalt and aggregate inspection and quality control testing, including gradations and volumetrics, while communicating with inspectors, contractors and colleagues. The Quality Control Inspector role requires organization, goal orientated, self-directed, with the ability to handle testing spread over multiple cities with minimal supervision or supplied information.
Asphalt QualityTechnician Responsibilities:
- Ensure inspector and testing certifications are completed and maintained.
- Coordination and communicate with inspectors, vendors and coworkers.
- Confer with Project Manager on customers issues to include local, state and federal government to resolve customer service concerns, regulatory compliance and to ensure full adherence to project specifications are met.
- Preform proper care and maintenance of all testing equipment.
- Responsible for adherence to operating standards, by properly documentation and data control.
- Ensure material characteristics, properties and quality standards are met and exceed the standards and specifications prescribed by customers.
- Participation in our companies’ Continuous Improvement and Safety Initiative Programs
Asphalt QualityTechnician Basic Requirements:
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D certification
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office products – specifically Outlook, Word and Excel
- Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
- May travel from North MS to West TN as needed
Highly Preferred Qualifications:
- Civil Engineering technology or related experience a plus
- Prior asphalt testing experience
- Knowledge of Viewpoint
- TN/ MS/ Ark state certifications