The Human Resources Generalist role is an integral part of the Human Resources department and will have cross exposure and interact with all divisions within Lehman-Roberts and Memphis Stone & Gravel.
- Schedules and administers mandatory and non-mandatory compliance, new hire orientation and other on-going training.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors.
- Administer benefit program.
- Assists in recruitment process: recruit, interview, and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborate with hiring managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Manages progressive discipline processes and termination of employees in accordance with company policy and oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigation.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law while maintaining compliance, updates handbook.
- Support and lead change as required, creating understanding among employees about the need to change and assisting in the modification of systems and structures to support needed change.
- Oversees EEO and the AAP.
- Administer the compensation programs for hourly employees including, but not limited to, job analysis, salary surveys, compensation reviews, and performance review systems.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record. Ability to travel between sites.
- 7+ years of progressive experience/ knowledge working in Human Resources and/or Organizational Leadership in lieu of a degree.
- Ability to work independently and within a group.
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize daily/weekly/monthly tasks.
- Willingness to learn and ability to pick up new tasks quickly and efficiently.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365.
- A humble customer service orientation and interpersonal skills necessary to build and keep relationships with personnel of different levels of education and experience.
- Willingness to initiate and embrace continuous improvement.
- Excellent working knowledge of federal, state and local law.
- Maintain a flexible and dependable schedule that may require attention outside of normal working hours.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- 4+ years of Human Resources and/ or Organizational Leadership experience