CDL Driver Requirements
- Minimum age requirement is 21, may have to drive across state lines.
- CDL license A or B is required for this position with an acceptable driving history.
- Must have a tanker endorsement on driver’s license, or the ability to get one in two weeks.
- Minimum 1 year of road construction and paving experience or other commercial construction experience preferred; understanding of asphalt paving and roadway construction fundamentals.
- Must be able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as needed at various times throughout the year.
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
Work Conditions/ Physical Requirements
- Climb in and out, on and off equipment.
- Accurately and regularly complete site checks and monitor traffic behavior and/or flow to ensure that safety is always maintained.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hand and arms above their shoulders.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry materials up to 50 pounds.
- Raking and shoveling asphalt.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.