This role is a key member of the equipment division and supports the enterprise wide maintenance programs and the Total Process Reliability TPR (continuous improvement) initiative. The maintenance planner / scheduler is responsible for coordinating all aspects of preventative and corrective maintenance on vehicles and construction equipment, to include lifecycle management of repair work orders.
- Manage, maintain, and effectively communicate equipment division’s KPIs
- Enters and is the “Keeper” of the vital maintenance information within the CMMS
- Populates and manages PM’s and other routine, reoccurring work
- Serves as a service writer, translating operator reported equipment deficiencies into actionable work orders.
- Coordinates with operations to ensure equipment is available for maintenance.
- Dispatches and supervises road mechanics and preventative maintenance (PM) technicians.
- Documents mechanic’s and technician’s activities in system of record.
- Reviews original equipment manufacturers (OEM) maintenance manuals in order to ensure up to date standard maintenance groups.
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification and 6+ years’ experience in repairing and/or maintaining vehicles or heavy equipment
- SAP maintenance planning and PM task implementation and improvement
- Must possess a strong customer service orientation and interpersonal skills necessary to facilitate minimization of equipment downtime
- Valid drivers’ license with good driving record