Road Grader Responsibilities
- Learn and exhibit company core values, resulting in a cooperative, positive and supportive attitude in working with team and management.
- Properly follow all OSHA regulations and company Safety Program/ Policy requirements to ensure safe working procedures and a safe working environment.
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks and advise the supervisor/shop of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
- Clean heavy equipment as scheduled and ensure heavy equipment is safely and securely stored
- Maintain inventory
- Repetitive shoveling/raking/sweeping material
- Read and understand field survey grades and elevations.
- Follow instructions from crew foremen, leaders, managers, state DOT inspectors, auditors and officials.
Road Grader Requirements
- 18 years of age or older.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving history required.
- Minimum 2 years of road construction and paving experience or other commercial construction experience; thorough understanding of asphalt paving and roadway construction fundamentals required.
- Must be able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as needed at various times throughout the year.
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
- Must have working knowledge of basic equipment maintenance
- Required to wear all safety PPE as defined by the Lehman-Roberts Company Safety Policy or determined by customer specifications.
- Must be alert and aware of everything going on around the construction area, consistently following safe work practices.