Safety Specialist Summary
Primarily responsible for executing safety compliance across the spectrum of activities within the company. Ensures safety compliance with OSHA, MSHA and other construction industry standards.
Safety Coordinator Responsibilities
- Monitor daily activities for compliance with OSHA, MSHA and traffic safety rules and policy.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal health and safety regulations.
- Subject matter expert on Mississippi and Tennessee DOT compliance.
- Provide field safety oversight of work activities.
- Use EHS data to conduct trend analysis to proactively prevent incidents.
- Coach employees on-site to use safe work practices.
- Identify and correct safety deficiencies in the field.
- Perform audits and evaluations of job activities.
- Responsible for accident investigations, including after action reviews (AAR).
- Advise employees on various safety-related topics.
- Prepare educational seminars/ topics.
- Document worker’s compensation claims.
- Set up a new employee onboarding process for safety.
- Conduct risk assessments and mitigation strategies.
Safety Coordinator Requirements
- Must be at least 18 year’s of age
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record; reliable transportation
- Associates degree in Safety related field
- 3-5 years of experience as a Safety role
- Formal safety training in OSHA 30 and 510
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous practices
- Experience producing reports and documentation
- Experience with writing policies and procedures for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- CHST, GSP, ASP preferred